Hippocrates soup is part of the Gerson Therapy, Dr. Max Gerson -The Gerson Diet is credited with curing many people from terminal diseases such as cancer, tuberculosis, diabetes, arthritis, allergies, ulcers, heart disease, arteriosclerosis, mental disease, kidney disease, Multiple Sclerosis.
This is a soup recipe that heals and strengthens the immune system and kidneys.
Use 4-quart stainless steel pot
Assemble the following vegetables
Cover with pure quality filtered water
Ingredients (Use organic ingredients were possible):
1 medium celery knob or 3-4 stalks of celery
1 medium parsley root – if available
Garlic as desired
2 small leeks or 1 large
1 ½ pounds tomatoes or more
2 medium onions
1 pound of potatoes
Parsley to taste
1. Wash all the vegetables thoroughly, unpeeled, cut in small cubes.
2. Add just enough filtered water to cover the cut vegetables in non-aluminum based pot.
3. Cook all the ingredients under low heat for 1.5-2hours in firmly
4. Remove tender and soft vegetables from heat, run through food mill/blender. Remove fibers
5. Blend still warm ingredients thoroughly till soup is thicky and creamy. Only blend the soup
while its warm, otherwise the soup will form a sticky and starchy texture when cooled.
6. Allow soup to cool before storing in refrigerator
7. Make enough for about two days only.
- You can vary the taste by adding semi-dried tomatos or roasted garlic to the soup.
- The unblended version can be used as Vegetable Stock for other recipes.
- The soup should be cooked at low and slow heat to preserve its valuable nutrients and keep it easily digestible. In fast and high heat cooking, the cells burst and the minerals go out of their colloidal composition, it becomes more difficult to be absorbed.